Friends of the Thomas Beaver Free Library
- The Friends wish to thank everyone for their generous donations.
- The Friends Book Nook is now open on Thursdays from 11 until 4.
- The 2017 Fall Book Sale will take place on September 7th, 8th and 9th. Preview, Thursday, September 7th from 11-7. The sale continues on Friday, the 8th from 11-4 and Saturday, the 9th from 11-2.
Annual membership drive!
Our Mission – to develop community awareness of library resources, support library programs and respond to the many needs of the library to the best of the group’s ability.
Join or Renew Today – The Friends of the Thomas Beaver Free Library invites anyone who loves books or libraries to join them in their support of the library by becoming a member of the Friends group!
Individual ($5), student ($3) and Lifetime ($50) membership applications are available at the main circulation desk. Or download a Membership Form here to complete and return.
Join or renew your membership and receive a free pass to: Preview Thursday (September 8th) of the Fall Book Sale! Admission $3
New members are always welcome to join them in their support of the library. Meetings are every month on the third Thursday at 6:30 pm
Activities have Included:
- Providing a refrigerator and an air conditioner in the Community Room and new mini-blinds for the library.
- Purchase and installation of carpeting in the downstairs elevator room
- Purchase of a Keurig coffeemaker.
- Purchase of four chairs for the upper level.
- Purchase of a computer table.
- Purchase of an outside bench.
- Purchase of a security system.
- Contributing to the building fund.
- Purchasing graphic novels to engage young adults.
- Purchasing a projector and a disc cleaner.
- Contributing to the remake of the Children’s room including a desk for the Catalog.
- Purchasing two oak coat racks for staff and patrons use.
- Generously donating for the purchase of books for the children’s’ reading programs.
- Sponsoring a Pool and Pizza Party at the conclusion of the Summer Reading program.
- Fundraising efforts include Book Sales.